Tool setting is the most fundamental of CNC router machine
processing, and it also determines the precision of workpieces to be processed.
Why use a tool setting?
The purpose of tool setting is to make the coordinates of your cnc router machine the same as the coordinates of your part, so that the part can be machined. Otherwise, when the machine is started, it will hit the tool, because your machine tool coordinates and workpiece coordinates are different.
After the part and tool are installed, use the trial cut method to set the tool. You can perform the tool setting operation in the following steps:
1) Perform the back to zero operation first
2) Tool setting in XY direction
1. Mount the part on the cnc router table through the fixture. When tightening, the four sides of the workpiece should leave a position for tool adjustment.
2. Rotate the cnc router spindle at a medium speed, move the table and the spindle quickly, let the tool move quickly to a position close to the left side of the workpiece with a certain safe distance, then reduce the speed and move closer to the left side of the workpiece.
3. When approaching the workpiece, use the fine-tuning operation (usually 0.01mm to approach), let the tool slowly approach the left side of the workpiece, so that the tool just touches the surface on the left side of the workpiece (observing, listening to cutting noise, looking at cutting marks, looking at chips, As long as one of these situations occurs, it means the tool is touching the workpiece), then retracts 0.01 mm. Note the value of the X coordinate displayed in the cnc router machine
coordinate system at this time and clear the coordinate relative to zero.
4. Retract the tool in the positive Z direction relative to the workpiece surface. Approach the right side of the workpiece in the same way, note the value of the X coordinate displayed in the machine tool coordinate system at that time, and clear the relative coordinates to zero.
5. According to this, the X coordinate value of the workpiece coordinate system origin in the cnc router machine coordinate system can be obtained. The relative coordinate value after dividing by 2 is the coordinate value of the center point in the X direction.
6. Move to the center point and clear.
7. Enter Relative Data: Setting-Relative Clear-X Clear-G54-Enter actual cnc router machine coordinates in G54 and X.Y of workpiece coordinate system.
3) Tool setting in tool Z direction (two methods)
the first method:
1. Quickly move the tool over the workpiece.
2. Rotate the spindle at a medium speed, move the worktable and the spindle, and move the tool to a position close to the upper surface of the workpiece with a certain safe distance, then reduce the speed to move the end face of the tool near the top surface of the part.
3. When approaching the workpiece, use the fine-tuning operation (usually 0.01mm when approaching), let the tool end face slowly approach the surface of the workpiece, so that the end face of the tool just touches the top surface of the workpiece, then raise the Z axis by 0.01mm, note this When the Z value in the machine tool coordinate system, such than -140.400, etc., the Z coordinate value in the cnc router machine coordinate system is -140.400.
The second method: In order to prevent the tool from cutting the workpiece surface, the method of adding a block gauge between the tool and the workpiece can also be used to set the tool. However, when setting the Z direction data at this time, the thickness of the gauge block should be taken as 50mm. If you note the Z value in the machine tool coordinate system at this time, such as -140,400, etc., the Z coordinate value in the cnc router machine coordinate system is -140,400-50=- 190,400.
Related input data.
It is very important to check if the adjustment of the knife is correct.