With the development of science and technology, laser technology has gradually become popular and widely used in industrial fields. As one of the development of laser technology, laser welding can accurately weld metal workpieces, improve welding precision and strength, and effectively solve the problems existing in traditional welding technology.
What is laser welding?
is the process of joining two or more metal workpieces to form a monolithic structure. It uses a high-powered laser beam to heat and melt welds to join them together. Laser welding only works when the laser beam is directed at an angle at the material to be welded.
Why choose a handheld laser welding machine?
1. The laser welding gun adopts a hand-held design, which is flexible and convenient to operate, occupies a small space and is easy to carry, which can realize outdoor welding.
2. The hand-held laser welder completes the welding process through a laser beam. That is, the welding work can be performed as long as the laser beam can be irradiated, which enables the workpiece to be welded at any position and any angle.
3. Laser welding can reduce the heat input to the minimum required to obtain the smallest heat affected zone without causing problems such as workpiece deformation and blackening.
4. Laser welding is a non-contact welding process, so it can minimize the wear and deformation of the machine and the workpiece.
5. The laser beam is easy to focus and align, so it can focus on welding small parts in a small area.
6. Laser welding can process a wide variety of materials, including stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminum, copper, etc. Welding of dissimilar materials is also possible.
What is the handheld laser welder price?
The handheld laser welder
price range is between $6,900 and $27,000, which is mainly related to the brand and power of the fiber laser source. Among them, the use of 1500W laser welding machine is the most common. The JPT 1500W laser welding machine is priced at $8,500, while the same power IPG laser welding is priced at $19,600. This has to do with laser generator technology.
As for which laser welding machine to choose, you need to judge according to your welding materials, welding speed needs and other welding requirements.
What should I pay attention to when using laser welding?
1. When operating any kind of laser equipment, safety is always the basis and important. This requires welders to be trained to use laser welding machines to ensure that the laser does not hit people or surrounding objects during the welding process. Otherwise, it may cause skin burns or fire. In addition, when laser welding, the operator should wear laser protective glasses to avoid damage to the glasses due to long-term operation.
2. Use a fixture to fix the weldment to ensure that the final position of the weldment is aligned with the welding spot impacted by the laser beam.
3. Use the shielding gas correctly to avoid porosity and embrittlement problems.
Because laser welding machine
has very high welding efficiency and welding quality, they are widely used in all walks of life and gradually replace traditional welding equipment. In the process of using the hand-held laser welding machine, it is necessary to comply with the operating specifications and maintain it in time, so as to ensure the stability and longer service life of the machine.
ACCTEK, as a laser welding machine company, provides you with laser welding equipment of various powers. For more information, please communicate online immediately.