How to use laser cutter safely
25 Jan , 2021
The laser cutter is suitable for cutting different metal materials, and the cutting thickness is determined according to the power. The laser cutter has a good relationship with the cutting material.
The laser cutter
is suitable for cutting different metal materials, and the cutting thickness is determined according to the power. The laser cutter has a good relationship with the cutting material. Applicable materials: Mainly used for cutting carbon steel, silicon steel, aluminum alloy, titanium alloy, galvanized sheet, aluminum zinc sheet, copper, stainless steel and other metal materials by laser cutting.
The laser power has a great influence on the cutting thickness, cutting speed, and cutting width. In general, as the laser power increases, the thickness of the material can be cut, the cutting speed can be accelerated, and the cutting width can also be increased.
Another advantage is that it can handle some non-metals, which is also something other laser cutting equipment cannot do. For those small accessories, we can also do some perfect cutting. In laser processing, laser cutting welds are thin, fast, and energy-intensive, and have small heat transfer to the cut material and small deformation.
The laser beam used by this laser device can be focused to a small spot, so that the laser cutter can achieve high power. This laser beam has good control performance. The operation path of the laser cutter can be freely controlled. Any hard material can be cut accordingly. Compared with other laser cutters, the metal laser cutter is especially suitable for the production and processing of various flat graphics with its high-precision characteristics, which greatly increases its application range.
Laser cutters have wide applicability to materials. It can also make very fine marks on the surface of various raw materials, and has good performance. It mainly includes all materials. This unusual versatility will make the laser cutter more applicable, which is of great significance to the anti-counterfeiting system. The laser cutting machine saves material. Laser processing adopts computer programming, which can discharge products of different shapes and maximize the utilization of materials.
Under computer control, the laser discharges through pulses to output a controlled repetitive high-frequency pulsed laser to form a beam with a certain frequency and a certain pulse width. The pulsed laser beam is reflected through the optical path, focused on the surface of the object to be processed through the focusing lens group, forming a fine high-energy density spot near the surface to be processed, and melting or evaporating the processed material at an instant high temperature.
Each high-energy laser pulse can instantly splash a small hole on the surface of the object. Under computer control, the laser cutting head and the material to be processed continuously move relative to each other according to the pre-drawn graphics, so that the processed object can be processed into the desired shape.
When the laser cutter is working, it is very dangerous if it fails. Novices must be trained by professionals to operate independently. Here are 13 detailed information about the safe use of laser cutters.
1. Comply with the safe operation regulations of ordinary tools. Start the laser strictly in accordance with the laser start procedure;
2. The operators must be trained, familiar with the structure and performance of the equipment, and master the relevant knowledge of the operating system;
3. Wear labor protection equipment as required, and wear protective glasses that meet the requirements near the laser beam;
4. Before determining whether the material can be irradiated or heated by laser, do not process it to avoid the potential hazards of smoke and steam;
5. When the equipment is started, the operator shall not leave the post or be entrusted for management without permission. If you really need to leave, the operator should turn off or cut off the power switch;
6. Place the fire extinguisher in an accessible place; when not processing, turn off the laser or shutter; do not place paper, cloth or other flammable materials near the unprotected laser beam;
7. If an abnormality is found during the processing, the machine should be shut down immediately, the fault should be eliminated in time, or a technician should be contacted for handling;
8. Keep the laser, bed and surrounding areas clean, orderly, free of oil, and stack workpieces, plates and waste as required;
9. When using gas cylinders, avoid crushing the welding wire to avoid leakage accidents. The use and transportation of gas cylinders should comply with gas cylinder supervision regulations. Cylinders must not be exposed to the sun or near heat sources. When opening the bottle valve, the operator must stand on the side of the bottle mouth;
10. During maintenance, the high voltage safety regulations must be observed. In accordance with regulations and procedures, every 40 hours of operation or 1,000 hours of maintenance per week or once every 6 months;
11. After starting, manually start the machine at low speed in the X and Y directions, and check if there is any abnormality;
12. After entering the new part program, you must first test run and check its operation;
13. During the operation, pay attention to the operation of the machine tool and the stroke of the gantry for timely adjustment.
The above are the small details of using a laser cutter
. For more detailed information, please visit our official website.