With the market's requirements for rapid product updates, higher requirements are placed on the flexibility of processing equipment. The laser cutter has brought new vitality to the processing industry.
1. Processing materials The laser cutter can cut metal materials including ferrous metals, non-ferrous metals, carbon steel, stainless steel, silicon steel, galvanized steel, aluminum alloy and so on. It can cut carbon steel up to 20 mm thick. Basically, CNC punch presses can only punch metal materials, and the thickness generally does not exceed 6mm.
2. Processing flexibility From the perspective of flexibility, the laser cutter has more advantages and can cut holes of any shape and size; while the punching machine can only cut a limited number of holes. When irregular and large-sized holes appear, Using small die nibbling technology, low efficiency and serious die wear. In order to meet the processing requirements of different products, CNC punching machines must purchase a large number of molds (different sizes, the same size and different material thicknesses). In addition, it is necessary to prepare a warehouse for storing molds, which increases the demand for mold management. In addition, CNC punching machines also have higher requirements for the flatness and surface cleanliness of the plate.
3. The precision roughness laser cutter belongs to non-contact processing, no stress, no deformation, positioning accuracy of ±0.03mm, fine and smooth cutting section, poor processing accuracy, burrs on the cutting section, and deformation of the workpiece.
4. The efficiency and cost factory adopts punch + slab shearer. After cutting, the slab shearer needs to be transferred to the punching machine. Compared with laser cutting machines, more labor is required.
Comprehensive comparison of laser cutting machine (3KW fiber laser) and punching cost: power, consumables (laser cutter consumables are focusing mirror, ceramic body, nozzle, reflector, gas, etc.; punching consumables are molds, etc.), labor, Estimated the processing efficiency of all plate parts (carbon steel, thickness 1.5-3mm) in a certain product of a certain factory. The laser cutter has obvious efficiency and cost advantages.
Of course, if a large number of products are used and specially designed molds (such as porous molds, but this will impair flexibility), the efficiency of CNC punching machines can be improved until it is comparable to laser cutting machines.
5. The functions and limitations of laser cutting machines and CNC punching machines have their own limitations. If you want to realize the functions (processes) of blinds, light drawing, matching, flanging holes, stiffening plates, embossing, etc., you can only use a CNC punch; for saw blades with silent welds under the image, only a laser cutting machine can do the job.
So we know that these two kinds of mechanical equipment have their own application fields, laser cutting machines cannot completely replace CNC punching machines, each has its own advantages!
How to adjust the laser cutter to make the best use? In fact, this machine is like a human being and needs frequent maintenance. Only in this way can the equipment maintain a better operating condition. Laser cutting equipment has many parts, and the maintenance cycle of some parts is relatively short. So someone often needs to maintain it. How to debug the metal laser cutter:
First, adjust the machine tool to improve the cutting effect.
Rail installation: Keep the rails parallel when installing the rails. When laser equipment is shipped from the factory, it needs to be repeatedly debugged to ensure the cutting effect of each device shipped from the factory. If the guide rails are not parallel, there will be resistance when the machine is running, and the cut objects often have jagged edges, so the Y-axis guide rails need to be parallel.
The installation position of the beam and coupling is not good: When installing the beam and machine tool coupling, if the screw is not locked, or the lock is oblique or loose, it will affect the cutting effect of the laser cutter.
Second, adjust the parameters of the laser machine tool to increase the cutting speed of the machine tool. The setting of machine parameters needs to be adjusted step by step during the cutting process. Under normal circumstances, if the machine is not adjusted well, the cutting speed will be affected. Whether it is speed or effect, how to achieve the speed and effect state, we need to debug according to the customer's material. At the time of delivery, each parameter of the laser cutter is set, but the user can adjust it later.
When setting parameters, please pay attention to the following points:
1). Initial speed: As the name suggests, this setting is the speed at which the machine starts. First, the initial speed is not as fast as possible. In fact, if the speed is too fast, it may cause the machine to shake very initially.
2). Acceleration: Acceleration refers to the acceleration process from initial speed to normal cutting during the production process of the machine. Similarly, there is a deceleration process when preparing to finish cutting. If the acceleration is too low, the cutting speed of the machine will slow down.
Third, the precision debugging method of laser cutter.
. When the spot of the focusing laser is adjusted to the minimum, the spot shooting effect is established, and the focal position is judged according to the size of the spot effect. As long as we recognize the point of the laser to the minimum, then this position is the appropriate processing focal length to start processing.
At the front end of the laser cutter
debugging, you can use some debugging paper and workpiece waste to determine the accuracy of the focal position, move the position of the height of the laser head up and down, and the size of the laser spot varies with the size of the laser spot.
Adjust different positions several times to find the smallest spot position to determine the focal length and proper position of the laser head. The workpiece processed by the laser cutter has no burrs, wrinkles and high precision, which is better than plasma cutting.
For many electromechanical manufacturing industries, because the CNC laser cutting system can easily cut workpieces of different shapes and sizes, it is often more popular than the blanking process; there is no need to repair the mold, and it saves the time for mold replacement. This saves processing costs and reduces product costs, so overall cost-effectiveness is higher.