Laser wood cutting is generally the use of CO2 laser, its wavelength is 10.6 m.However, the photoelectric conversion rate of CO2 laser is low (only 5% ~ 10%), and the energy consumption is relatively large.The laser needs frequent ventilation and the maintenance cost is high.External optical path is complex and difficult to install, debug and maintain.Therefore, CO2 laser has great limitation in the actual industrial production and application, and its application is becoming less and less.
The common optical fiber laser (wavelength 1 m) cutting sheet metal has become very common, so can this optical fiber laser be used to cut wood?If it's an erbium-doped fiber laser with a wavelength of 1 m, the answer is: It's hard.This is because the absorption of wood to 1 m wavelength laser is relatively low, difficult to form seam.
A new type of "thulium" element fiber laser should be selected. After "thulium" element is doped inside the fiber;The wavelength of the laser is 2 m.Wood, especially the moisture in wood, absorbs more water than the usual 1 m wavelength of the laser.
● Heavy duty ATC CNC router with horizontal spindle AKM2030C
● High quality AKJ1530 CO2 laser cutting machine
● Buy a better 5 axis cnc router machine for your shop
● The applicable scope of laser cutting machine
● Application and selection of laser cutting machine
● Principle and technology of laser cutting glass
● How to choose a cnc router
● How to deal with soot in laser cutting and the application field of laser cutting
● Acctek exhibition footprint
● ATC CNC Router with a horizontal spindle
Get a Free Quote Now!