Laser as a kind of natural light, laser as the core in laser cutting it has a few major characteristics, let's analyze the following several major characteristics!
Color of the laser depends on the wavelength of the laser, which in turn depends on the active substance emitting the laser, the material stimulated to produce the laser.Deep rose-colored laser beams stimulated by rubies are used in medical applications, such as skin diseases and surgery.Argon, considered one of the most valuable gases, produces a blue-green laser beam, which has many USES, such as laser printing, and is essential in microscopic eye surgery.Lasers produced by semiconductors emit infrared light, so we can't see it, but the energy is just right to "read" compact discs and use them in fiber-optic communications.Laser separation technology laser separation technology mainly refers to laser cutting technology and laser drilling technology.Laser separation technology focuses the energy into a small space, and can obtain a very high radiation power density of 105~1015W/cm2. This high density energy can be used for non-contact, high speed and high precision processing method.At such a high optical power density, laser cutting and drilling can be done on almost any material.Laser cutting technology is a new cutting method which can get rid of the traditional mechanical cutting, heat treatment cutting and so on. It has the characteristics of higher cutting precision, lower roughness, more flexible cutting method and higher production efficiency.Laser drilling, as one of the drilling methods in solid materials, has become a processing technology with specific applications, mainly used in aviation, aerospace and microelectronics industries.
2. Energy density
Energy of a photon is calculated by E= HV, where H is Planck's constant and V is the frequency.So the higher the frequency, the higher the energy.Laser frequency range: 3.846*10^(14)Hz to 7.89510(14)Hz.The electromagnetic spectrum can be roughly divided into:
(1) Radio waves -- wavelengths ranging from a few thousand meters to about 0.3 meters, which are commonly used in television and radio broadcasts
(2) Microwaves -- wavelengths ranging from 0.3 m to 10^-3 m. These waves are most commonly used in radar and other communication systems
(3) Infrared -- wavelengths from 10^-3 meters to 7.8×10^-7 meters
(4) Visible light -- this is the very narrow band at which we perceive light.The wavelengths range from 780 nm to 380nm.Light is the electromagnetic wave emitted by changes in the motion of electrons within atoms or molecules.Because it is the only part of the electromagnetic wave that we can directly feel
(5) Ultraviolet -- wavelengths from 3 ×10^-7 meters to 6×10^-10 meters.These waves are generated for a similar reason to light waves and are often emitted during an electrical discharge.Because its energy is comparable to that involved in ordinary chemical reactions, ultraviolet light has the strongest chemical effects
(6) Roentgen rays -- this part of the electromagnetic spectrum, from 2×10^-9 meters to 6×10^-12 meters.Roentgen rays (X-rays) are emitted by electrons in the inner layer of an electric atom as they jump from one energy state to another or as they slow down in the atomic nuclear power field
(7) Gamma rays -- electromagnetic waves ranging in wavelength from 10^-10 ~ 10^-14 meters.This invisible electromagnetic wave is emitted from within the nucleus, and is often accompanied by radiation in radioactive materials or nuclear reactions.Gamma rays are very penetrating and destructive to living things.
Ordinary light sources emit light in all directions.To make the emitted light travel in one direction, it is necessary to equip the light source with a certain condenser device. For example, the headlights and searchlights of cars are reflectors equipped with the condenser effect, so that the radiant light is collected and emitted in one direction.The laser beam emitted by the laser is emitted in one direction, the divergence of the beam is very small, about 0.001 radian, nearly parallel.
Color of light depends on its wavelength.A certain wavelength corresponds to a certain color.The wavelengths of sunlight range from 0.76 microns to 0.4 microns, and there are seven colors from red to purple, so sunlight is not monochromatic.A source emitting a single color light is called a monochromatic source, which emits a single wavelength of light.Krypton, helium, neon, and hydrogen, for example, are all monochromatic sources that emit only one color of light.Although the wavelength of monochromatic light source is single, it still has a certain range of distribution.Neon, for example, emits only red light, which is very monochromatic and is known as the crown of monochromatism. The wavelength distribution range is still 0.00001 nanometer, so the red light emitted by neon lamps still contains dozens of red colors if carefully identified.
● Buy a better 5 axis cnc router machine for your shop
● The applicable scope of laser cutting machine
● Application and selection of laser cutting machine
● Principle and technology of laser cutting glass
● How to choose a cnc router
● How to deal with soot in laser cutting and the application field of laser cutting
● Acctek exhibition footprint
● ATC CNC Router with a horizontal spindle
● Polish customer purchased AKM1530 high quality CNC engraving machine
● High quality AKJ1530 CO2 laser cutting machine
Get a Free Quote Now!