Laser welding technology and applications
12 Aug , 2020
Laser technology using polariscope reflected laser beam makes it focused on the result in huge energy beam focusing device, if the focus close to the workpiece, workpiece will be melting and evaporation in milliseconds, this effect can be used for
Laser technology using polariscope reflected laser beam makes it focused on the result in huge energy beam focusing device, if the
focus close to the workpiece, workpiece will be melting and evaporation in milliseconds, this effect can be used for welding "ecomax"
power CO2 and the emergence of high power YAG laser, has opened up a new field of laser welding.Laser welding equipment is the key
to the high-power laser, there are mainly two categories, one is the solid laser, also known as Nd:YAG laser.Nd (neodymium) is a kind of
rare earth element. YAG stands for yttrium aluminum garnet. Its crystal structure is similar to ruby.Nd:YAG laser wavelength of 1.06 m, the
main advantage is that the generated beam can be transmitted through optical fiber, so it can save to the complex beam transmission
system, suitable for flexible manufacturing system or remote processing, usually used for welding accuracy requirements of higher
workpiece.The Nd:YAG laser with a power output of 3-4 kilowatts is commonly used in the automobile industry.The other is a gas laser,
also known as CO2 laser, molecular gas as the working medium, uniform 10.6 m infrared laser, can continue to work and output very high
power, standard laser power between 2-5 kilowatts.
The main advantages of laser welding are:
1. Fast speed, large depth and small deformation.
2, can be at room temperature or special conditions for welding, welding equipment is simple.For example, a laser beam passes through an electromagnetic field without being deflected;Lasers can be used to weld in vacuum, air, and certain gaseous environments, and to weld through glass or transparent materials of light beam.
3. Can weld refractory materials such as titanium and quartz, etc., and can weld opposite materials with good effect.
4. After laser focusing, the power density is high. In the welding of high-power devices, the depth-width ratio can reach 5:1 and the highest can reach 10:1.
5. Micro welding can be carried out.The laser beam can get very small spot after focusing, and can be precisely positioned, which can be used in the welding of micro and small workpieces produced automatically in large quantities.
6. Welding the parts that are difficult to access, non-contact remote interval welding is carried out, with great flexibility.Especially in recent years, fiber transmission technology has been adopted in YAG laser processing technology, which makes laser welding technology more widely popularized and applied.
7. Laser beam is easy to realize light beam splitting according to time and space, and can be processed simultaneously with multiple beams and multiple stations, providing conditions for more precise welding.